Home

Feed icon

Monday, December 6, 2010

Taylor Swift Sells Out First Tour Dates in Minutes


LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Venue owners coast-to-coast are cheering as the first dates for Taylor Swift's "Speak Now" tour go on sale.

The country star sold out two shows at L.A.'s Staples Center in two minutes, while her June 25 stop at Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, Mass. (capacity: 68,000) filled within five minutes.

Seven more sell-outs followed, all on the heels of a record-breaking run for her third album "Speak Now," which sold over a million copies in its first week out.

The high demand for Swift's tour prompted venues to add additional shows, including two at Staples on August 27 and 28. The full Messina Group/AEG tour runs for 90 shows in 19 countries, starting February 9 in Singapore. A full list of tour dates appears on Swift's official website.

5 comments:

Inge said...

I love Taylor Swift's songs. :)
It is simply amazing....

Carol E Wyer said...

Hi I jumped over from blogger.com and read a few of your posts. It's a lovely blog and keeps 'old duffers' like me up there with what is happening. Love the bright colours too. I'm following on Google Friend Connect.
Nice to meet you.
Carol from www.facing50withhumour.blogspot.com
- the blog that gives you laughter lines (What dreadful publicity!)

Bryan Thompson said...

When she first started showing up all over the place, I thought Taylor Swift was just another teen idol. But I have to admit, she's got some really catchy tunes!

Vivek said...

Hi Emily,

Taylor swift song are nice , I quite often listen to her song over my playlist on my mobile ...

p.s : you have got a really nice blog , Liked it.

If you got some time do visit my space .. :)
Take care.

Enjoy weekend.

Somsi said...

Her voice is like angels singing to me.

Post a Comment